Floodlights were initially used as artificial lighting at football stadiums so that teams can play scheduled games even at night. Today, floodlights are not only used in large areas but also at homes.
Floodlights that are used at homes come in different variants, and one of the most popular types is the floodlights that have LED bulbs. This particular type is famous for being energy efficient and for producing high lumens.
In the event that you are looking for the best outdoor flood lights that use LED bulbs, we have rounded up three products which have different features. The information below will help you decide which is the right floodlight for your needs.
Vivii 30 LED Solar Lights
Vivii 30 LED Solar Lights is designed to be installed in patios, pathways, gardens, and the like. Since no wiring is necessary, it can be easily installed without the need to hire a professional. In addition to being made of durable, heatproof and weather-resistant plastic, it also features long-lasting and ultra-bright LED bulbs.
This product is powered by a Li-ion battery that is rechargeable through solar power and can provide power for up to 12 hours. Vivii 30 LED Solar Lights also features a PIR motion sensor that can detect movement even if you are fifteen feet or three meters away. Additionally, the lights get automatically turned on once movement is detected.
Another convenient feature of the Vivii 30 LED Solar Lights is that it also automatically turns off in the morning as well as automatically turns on when it’s already dark. Finally, it provides dim lighting during the evening but becomes bright once the motion sensor is activated.
- It comes with screws and hinges, and it’s easy to install.
- This lighting will last a long time because it is made of durable materials.
- It is eco-friendly.
- This product is convenient to use due to the fact that you don’t need to turn it on or off because it automatically does that.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The battery can be replaced easily.
- The manufacturer provides reliable customer service.
- The motion sensor is not sensitive.
- The lights are yellow instead of white, and they are not bright for some users.
Ustellar 2 Pack 60W LED Flood Light
Since it’s suitable for indoor and outdoor use, so you can install the Ustellar flood light in your garage, garden, parking lot, and other areas. Being IP66 waterproof, you also won’t have to worry about it getting damaged when you install this outdoors as it can withstand any weather conditions.
Moreover, the Ustellar floodlight is made of durable tempered glass and die-cast aluminum that is fade-and scratch-resistant.
This flood light is also safe and environment-friendly as it does not emit radiation and doesn’t contain lead, mercury, or other pollutants. If you are a DIYer, installing this should not be a problem; however, if you’re not comfortable and skilled in handling any type of wiring, hiring a professional is a wise choice.
Although this flood light is electrically powered, it does not need much electricity when in use because it only consumes 60 watts of energy. Lastly, its LED bulbs can produce 4500 lumens of brightness; therefore, it can illuminate even the darkest corners of any space.
- It comes with a three-year unlimited warranty.
- Since it uses LED lights, it consumes less power than halogen bulbs.
- The manufacturer provides customer service.
- This product can be used both indoors or outdoors.
- It provides bright lighting and is long lasting.
- This is powered by electricity, so there are no batteries to charge.
- If you don’t know anything about light installations, you may need to hire a handyman to get this product installed because it will require some wiring.
- It does not have motion sensors, and its lights cannot be dimmed.
- The light’s color is too yellow for some users.
- The cord that comes with it is a bit short.
Sansi LED Security Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights
This waterproof product is designed for outdoor use, but it is important to note that you can’t submerge it in water. The Sansi outdoor lights can be installed in gardens, villas, garages, and other areas. It also features a 180-degree motion sensor and has three different sensing modes to give you more control over its usage.
Since it produces 3400 lumens of brightness, it can provide illumination for up to 50 feet when it is mounted at 13 feet high. Additionally, to ensure its durability and so that the LED bulbs won’t get damaged, the bulbs are in a compact and rugged plastic housing that is ceramic sealed.
Even if you don’t know anything about light installation, this electrically powered lighting is going to be easy to install as it comes with instructions. Furthermore, it is energy efficient because it only uses 30 watts of power as opposed to a 250-watt incandescent bulb.
- It comes with a five-year unlimited warranty.
- The manufacturer provides customer service.
- It comes with an instruction booklet, mounting wires, and accessories for easy installation.
- The two LED arrays are adjustable.
- Its sensor is sensitive, and its sensitivity is adjustable.
- Its LED bulbs are truly bright and long-lasting.
- This lighting is energy efficient.
- The product has a beautiful design, so it looks good when installed.
- The sensor does not work sometimes.
- It is a bit difficult to adjust.
Best Outdoor Flood Lights: The Verdict
Each of the three products mentioned can be the best outdoor flood lights depending on your needs. The Sansi LED lights’ is a good product if you are looking for an energy efficient outdoor floodlights that have a good design and a motion sensor.
On the other hand, if you really don’t need a motion sensor and you are looking for lighting that is ultra bright, the Ustellar LED lights is the one you need since it produces 4500 lumens. Finally, the Vivii LED lights can be a wise purchase if you don’t want any wirings and want a more sustainable lighting option because this one has a battery that can be charged through solar energy.